Christmas Vocabulary with a Song 🎄
Aprende vocabulario y expresiones en inglés con “All I Want for Christmas Is You”. Escucha, identifica palabras clave y practica la comprensión auditiva de una manera divertida.
🎯 Objetivos de la clase
Al finalizar esta actividad podrás:
- reconocer vocabulario relacionado con la Navidad;
- comprender expresiones frecuentes utilizadas en canciones;
- identificar formas contraídas como don’t y won’t;
- mejorar tu pronunciación y comprensión auditiva;
- usar palabras nuevas para hablar de tus propios deseos.
🎧 Antes de escuchar
Observa las siguientes preguntas y piensa en tus respuestas antes de reproducir la canción:
- What do you usually do at Christmas?
- Do you like receiving presents?
- What is the best Christmas present for you?
- Do you prefer snow, lights or Christmas music?
What do you usually do at Christmas?
¿Qué haces normalmente en Navidad?
What is the best Christmas present for you?
¿Cuál es el mejor regalo de Navidad para ti?
📚 Vocabulario principal
Estas son algunas de las palabras más importantes que escucharás en la canción:
| English | Español | Example |
|---|---|---|
| Christmas | Navidad | Christmas is in December. |
| present | regalo | This present is for you. |
| Christmas tree | árbol de Navidad | The presents are under the Christmas tree. |
| wish | deseo | My wish is to travel. |
| come true | hacerse realidad | I hope your dream comes true. |
| stocking | calcetín navideño | The stocking is near the fireplace. |
| fireplace | chimenea | We sit near the fireplace. |
| snow | nieve | The children are playing in the snow. |
| mistletoe | muérdago | They are standing under the mistletoe. |
| North Pole | Polo Norte | Santa Claus lives at the North Pole. |
| reindeer | reno | Santa has magical reindeer. |
| sleigh bells | campanas del trineo | I can hear the sleigh bells. |
| shining | brillando | The Christmas lights are shining. |
| laughter | risa / risas | The room is full of children's laughter. |
💬 Expresiones útiles
1. I don’t want a lot
Significa “No quiero mucho”.
I don’t want a lot for my birthday.
No quiero muchas cosas para mi cumpleaños.
2. There is just one thing I need
Significa “Solo hay una cosa que necesito”.
There is just one thing I need: more time.
Solo hay una cosa que necesito: más tiempo.
3. I don’t care about...
Se utiliza para decir que algo no es importante para nosotros.
I don’t care about expensive presents.
No me importan los regalos costosos.
4. Make my wish come true
Significa “Haz que mi deseo se haga realidad”.
5. What more can I do?
Significa “¿Qué más puedo hacer?”.
🧠 Un poco de gramática
Don’t
Don’t es la contracción de do not. Se utiliza para formar frases negativas en presente.
No quiero un regalo.
Won’t
Won’t es la contracción de will not. Se utiliza para hablar de una acción negativa en el futuro o de algo que una persona no hará.
No pediré mucho.
Gonna
Gonna es una forma informal de pronunciar going to. Es muy frecuente en canciones y conversaciones, pero normalmente no se utiliza en textos formales.
Voy a seguir esperando.
✏️ Actividad 1: completa las palabras
Escucha la canción y completa las frases con las palabras que faltan:
- I don’t want a lot for .
- There is just one thing I .
- I don’t care about the .
- Underneath the Christmas .
- Make my wish come .
- I won’t even wish for .
- The sound of children’s fills the air.
- I hear those sleigh bells .
Ver las respuestas
- Christmas
- need
- presents
- tree
- true
- snow
- laughter
- ringing
🔎 Actividad 2: relaciona
Relaciona cada palabra en inglés con su significado en español:
- Wish — _____
- Fireplace — _____
- Reindeer — _____
- Snow — _____
- Christmas tree — _____
- Laughter — _____
Opciones: nieve, chimenea, deseo, árbol de Navidad, reno, risas.
🗣️ Actividad 3: habla sobre ti
Completa las siguientes frases con información personal:
- All I want for Christmas is __________.
- My Christmas wish is __________.
- I don’t care about __________.
- At Christmas, I usually __________.
- My favorite Christmas tradition is __________.
All I want for Christmas is to spend time with my family.
Todo lo que quiero para Navidad es pasar tiempo con mi familia.
🎤 Práctica de pronunciación
Escucha nuevamente el coro y repítelo en voz alta. Presta atención a cómo se unen las palabras al cantar.
- want a puede sonar parecido a “wanna”;
- don’t want se pronuncia de manera continua;
- come true debe decirse sin una pausa larga;
- all I want suena como una sola unidad de ritmo.
📖 Letra de la canción
Abre esta sección para seguir la canción mientras escuchas el vídeo.
Mostrar la letra
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas
Is you, yeah
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
(And I) don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby
Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
(And I) I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
(I) I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby
Oh, all the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere (so brightly, baby)
And the sound of children's laughter
Fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need?
Won't you, please, bring my baby to me?
Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door
Oh, I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas
Is you (you, baby)
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
0 Comentarios:
Publicar un comentario