martes, 20 de septiembre de 2016

Do you know how to use the verb ‘to know’ to talk about people you know in English? This was a question that Wong Fei had that we answered in this video


“Hello teacher David. Can you help me with a doubt about the difference between know and meet. The word to know means ‘saber’ or ‘conhcer’ and the word meet is for when you are presented to someone like ‘Nice to meet you’. But my question is when to use ‘saber’ or when to use ‘conhecer’ when referring to the word know. For example: I know her, I know that, I know him. Is it always related to people.” – Wong Fei

The simple answer is yes. Wong Fei’s observation is correct. We generally use ‘to know’ to refer to people as in ‘conhecer’. But there are exceptions. 

So, we’re recording a series of videos to help you understand this verb with lots of sample sentences so you can practice your pronunciation. 

* I know her. She’s really nice. 
* You know Mark fairly well
* We know her better than we know Mark
* They know Albert and John
* Do they know Albert and John?
* They don’t know Albert and John

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario